Famoso Limited dba SoCal Shade Sails (“COMPANY”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://shadesails.biz website (the “Website”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information (as defined below) when you use the Website.
- What Personal Information We Collect. COMPANY may collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you (“Personal Information”). The Personal Information we may collect from you include without limitation:
- Identifiers – For example, your first and last name, alias, Internet Protocol Address, email address, postal address, phone number, or other similar identifiers. Our web servers automatically collect unique identifiers that can be used to recognize you or your device, including without limitation your domain name, beacons, pixel tags, or other device and mobile identifiers or similar technology.
- Payment Data – For example, your credit card information, billing address, or any financial information you provide in connection to your use of the Website and purchase of our products and services.
- Commercial Information – For example, our products and services you purchased, obtained, or considered and your other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information – For example, your browsing history, search history, and any other information regarding your interaction with the Website and advertisements.
- Audio and Visual Information – For example, recordings of your voice when you call customer service.
- Other Categories of Personal Data that Relates to or is Reasonably Capable of Being Associated With You – For example, the testimonials and messages you send us through the Website via social media websites, networks, or other services that host user-generated content (e.g., when you tag or otherwise link us in your social media posts on Facebook or Instagram).
- Data About Others – For example, Personal Information of individuals for whom you purchase an item or gift, such as their first and last name, email address, phone number, and postal address. Please do not share Personal Information of other individuals with us unless you have their permission to do so.
- Business Information – For example, if you are purchasing our products and services for your business then we may collect information that allows us to identify you by your business, including without limitation the name of your company, the company’ s business address, and the first and last name, email address, and phone number of the company contact.
[NOTE – Please confirm that the above accurately describes the types of personal information the company currently collects from consumers, or reasonably will collect in the future.]
- How We Collect Your Personal Information. While using the Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain Personal Information that can be used to contact or identify you or your electronic device. We may also collect your Personal Information from third parties. Some specific ways we collect Personal Information include, without limitation, when you:
- Create an account on the Website.
- Send us a message through the Website.
- Purchase or return our products.
- Browse the Website (i.e., through our browser cookies, web beacons, third party software, and other similar technology).
- Voluntarily complete a survey or send us messages or other content regarding our Website, products, services, marketing material, and other advertisement and collaboration proposals.
- Voluntarily disclose Personal Information to us or our service providers.
- Comment or provide any type of content on the Website or through social media posts hosted by third-party platforms.
- Tag or otherwise link us on your social media posts.
- Interact with other third parties (e.g., our service providers) and provide your consent for them to share your Personal Information with us.
[NOTE – Please confirm that the above accurately describes the various ways the company collects information from consumers.]
- How We Use Your Personal Information. COMPANY collects and uses your Personal Information for various business and commercial purposes, including without limitation:
- Sending you alerts regarding the Website and products and services that we think may interest you.
- Operating, managing, and improving the Website, products, services, customer outreach, advertisements, events, and promotions.
- Executing our advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Performing services requested by you, such as processing, servicing, or enforcing transactions, and sending you related communications.
- Responding to your inquiries, requests about our products and services, and feedback.
- Maintaining the security and integrity of the Website, systems, operations, products, and services.
- Preventing and addressing fraud, unlawful access, and breach of our policies and terms.
- Sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information about our policy changes, and other administrative messages.
- Helping to establish and verify the identity of users and complying with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Pursuing legal matters.
- Analyzing trends and usage, such as the efficiency of deliveries and operations.
- Troubleshooting problems with the Website, software, or other technology resources.
- Facilitating our accounting, auditing, and reporting requirements and processes.
- Re-posting content that you voluntarily provided us through the Website or social media networks, platforms, or other user-generated content providers not operated by COMPANY for our marketing purposes.
- Creating promotional videos or other marketing materials from pictures, images, drawings, audio, videos, testimonials, or other content you may submit or share with us.
- Fulfilling any other business or commercial purposes at your direction or with your consent.
[NOTE – Please confirm that the above accurately describes the various ways the company uses collected information.]
- Who We Share Your Personal Information With. We may disclose information we collect about you with other third parties, including without limitation:
- Website Providers – We share information with third parties that help us maintain and operate the Website, analyze data, create and execute advertisements, conduct outreach, and support our general business. These third parties may only use such information to perform specific services that we have contracted them for and may not use it for any other purpose, although we may permit them to use aggregate information which does not identify you or de-identified data for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
- Vendors – We may share information with vendors and other third parties in connection with: tailoring advertisements; measuring and improving the Website, products, services, and advertisements; processing your orders; and helping us execute our business objectives. These vendors and other third parties may act as our service providers, or in certain contexts, independently decide how to process your information.
- Affiliates – We may share information with our related entities including without limitation our parent, subsidiaries, and sister companies, or to their employees, agents, contractors, representatives, legal counsel, and/or accountants, for: operational, management and administrative purposes; internal audit, legal, regulatory, security, insurance, financial, and other similar purposes; or as otherwise permitted by law.
- Promotional Partners – If you voluntarily subscribe to our Truth Seeker Newsletters, we may share your Personal Information to help us provide and operate our newsletter offerings. This includes without limitation sharing your information with our service providers that maintain our newsletters, our third-party partners (if applicable) participating in our promotions featured on our newsletter, or other third parties for administrative purposes.
- Third Parties in Connection with a Merger, Acquisition or other Business Transaction – We may share information if COMPANY is involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of all or a portion of its assets, financing, joint venture, reorganization, dissolution, liquidation, or other event where we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business assets or equity. We will not provide you with notice before disclosure in such cases.
- Third Parties for Security and Compelling Disclosure Purposes – We may disclose your Personal Information in response to lawful requests by public authorities and to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may share your Personal Information in connection with legal requirements, such as in response to an authorized subpoena or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, to protect your safety or the safety of others, or to investigate fraud. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you.
- Third Parties that You Direct Us to Share With – We may share your Personal Information at your request or direction, such as when you purchase a gift for an individual and direct us to notify the recipient of who purchased the gift. We may also share your Personal Information with those that you have consented or directed us to share your information with.
[NOTE – Please confirm that the above accurately describes the various third parties that you may share consumer’s information with.]
- Cookies and other Similar Technology. Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit the Website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies, web beacons, third party software development kits, and other similar technology. You can set your browser not to accept cookies, however, in a few cases, some of the features of the Website may not function as a result. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Report, in aggregate, how our visitors find and use the Website;
- Understand overall visitor behavior;
- Update and improve the Website; and
- Process your orders and other requests.
- Google – We use Google AdWords remarketing service as provided by Google Inc.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Other Third Party Advertising Companies – Many companies claim to adhere to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can opt-out from participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or opt-out using your mobile device settings. We do not guarantee that all of the third parties we work with will honor the elections you make using those options, but we strive to work with third parties that do.
[NOTE – Does the company utilize behavioral remarketing? If not, we can remove this section. If so, please confirm the above description is accurate (e.g., do you use Google Adwords?).]
- Security and Storage. We believe the Website incorporates safeguards to protect the security, integrity, completeness, accuracy, and privacy of the Personal Information we have collected. We have put in place reasonable precautions to protect information from loss, misuse, and alteration. However, despite our efforts, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and we cannot guarantee that the information you transmit or provide to us will be completely secure.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as needed to provide you with the Website and our products and services (e.g., as long as you have an online account with us) or as needed to fulfill our own obligations, such as preventing fraud, meeting regulatory requirements, resolving disputes, improving our services or maintaining security, and in each case, as consistent with applicable law. We may retain non-Personal Information that has been sufficiently aggregated or anonymized for a longer period.
- Children. The Website is intended for general audiences and are not directed to children under 18. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18. If you become aware that a child has provided us with Personal Information without parental consent, please contact us at [email protected]. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information without parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account (if applicable).
- Your Choices You Have Over How Your Information is Used. In this section, we describe the rights and choices available to all users.
- Review and Update Your Account Information – If you registered for an account with us, you may review, update, or delete certain Personal Information in your account by logging into your account and editing your profile information.
- Opt Out of Marketing Communications –You may opt out of our newsletters and marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of our emails. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails (e.g., confirmation emails regarding your online orders).
- Cookies – As noted above, most browsers let you remove and/or stop accepting cookies from the websites you visit. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser’s settings. Note that disabling cookies and/or other tracking tools may prevent COMPANY or its service providers from providing you certain features of the Website.
- Advertising Choices – Your device settings may provide functionality to limit use of advertising ID associated with your device for interest-based advertising purposes. Additionally, you can manage third-party advertising preferences for some of the third parties we work with as further discussed in the section entitled “Behavioral Remarketing.”
- Do-Not-Track – Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We support “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
- Choosing Not to Share Your Personal Information – You may elect not to share certain Personal Information to us. If you do not provide certain Personal Information that we need to provide you with our Website, products and services, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services or provide you access to certain features of the Website. For example, if you do not provide us with your payment information then we will not be able to process your orders for our products.
- Third Party Platforms or Social Media Networks – We encourage you to review your privacy options and settings of third party platforms that you use in connection with the Website, including without limitation social media platforms and networks. We recommend you understand what choices you have about sharing information from those platforms and networks with us.
- Geographic Restrictions. We may limit the availability of the Website to any person or geographic area at any time. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk.
IF YOU ARE A USER ACCESSING OUR SERVICES FROM ANY OTHER COUNTRY WITH LAWS OR REGULATIONS GOVERNING PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE THAT DIFFER FROM THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES, PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THROUGH YOUR CONTINUED USE OF OUR SERVICES, YOU ARE TRANSMITTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO THE UNITED STATES AND YOU CONSENT TO THAT TRANSMISSION. ADDITIONALLY, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO AND PROCESSED IN COUNTRIES (INCLUDING THE UNITED STATES) WHERE LAWS REGARDING PROCESSING PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION MAY BE LESS STRINGENT THAN IN YOUR COUNTRY.